CoBRA software is the best known and most widely accepted CBRNE Decision Support System currently used across the Department of Defense and civilian first responders.
CoBRA provides critical resources and capabilities needed during any CBRNE response. The tools, databases, checklists, and incident reporting capabilities that are embedded in the CoBRA system, facilitate the coordination of response and provide on scene access to critical dataCoBRA provides a large, easily searchable CBRNE reference library, interactive tools to document the site, create reports, establish stand-off distance and decon procedures. CoBRA software operates on almost any desktop, laptop or tablet PC running Microsoft Windows® XP (SP2), XP Tablet PC Edition, Windows® Vista and Windows® 7.
CoBRA enhances capability during CBRNE related operations such as Hazardous Material Characterization/Weapons of Mass Destruction-Elimination. Data and tools within CoBRA are used to determine if a site poses an immediate hazard and to determine if specialized CBRN augmentation forces are required to conduct sensitive site exploitation or mitigation.
CoBRA enhances the ability for presumptive identification of Toxic Industrial Materials (including Chemical Biological Radiological, and Nuclear materials) and to identify the appropriate precautions and avoidance measures.
CoBRA can support the following actions:
- Make presumptive identification of the hazard and isolation of area
- Follow and record proper procedure without having to rely solely on memory
- Decide to deal with situation immediately or wait for additional resources to arrive
- Performing substance classifications on site
- Referencing doctrine, technical manuals, and military decision processes
- Accessing databases with chemical precursors
- Accessing data as to how chemicals can be employed and effects on responders
- Assisting in planning for transporting and marking of toxic industrial chemicals/materials
- Providing various units of measure and universal conversion
- Providing info on personal protective equipment and break through times
- Establishing minimum safe distance for explosives and hazard assessments
- Providing procedures and data for emergency response, incident command and after action reporting
- Much much more…
Government Chosen- DoD:
- CoBRA is DHS SAFETY Act Certified as a qualified anti-terrorism technology and is on the DHS Approved Products List for Homeland Security
- CoBRA is Technology Readiness Level 9 (nine) in that the actual system has been proven through successful mission operations
- CoBRA has receivedDHS NIMS testing, including DHS standards compliance
- CoBRA has CoN Certificate of Networthiness from the Chief Engineer NETCOM, 9th Signal Command. CoBRA 4.2 was certified for use on government networks
- CoBRA has gone through NMCI testing
- CoBRA has DoD Authorization to Connect approval
Government Chosen- Civillian Responder:
- CoBRA was evaluated and chosen for deployment as the CBRN Decision Support System for the JPEO-CBD Guardian Installation Protection Program, currently provided to all covered Installations
- CoBRA was chosen as part of the Toxic Industrial Chemical Protection and Detection Equipment (TIC PDE) program for deployment to III and V Corps in Iraq and Afghanistan
- CoBRA is listed on the BEDAL (Baseline Equipment Data Assessment List) by the Air Force Reserve Command Higher HQ which lists WMD Response Equipment Requirements
- CoBRA is the chosen CBRN system for 20th SUPCOM and all subordinate commands
- CoBRA was chosen by Pentagon Force Protection Agency PFPA
- CoBRA is deployed to all National Guard WMD CST’s
- CoBRA is currently being integrated as the Incident Management/ Consequence Management tool for the new JWARN/JOEF/JEM prototype system JCAMS
- CoBRA was chosen by the FBI bomb data center and deployed to all accredited bomb squads
- CoBRA was chosen by Federal Protective Service
- CoBRA was chosen by the DHS commercial equipment direct assistant program (CEDAP) to be deployed to rural first responders
- CoBRA was chosen by the FBI critical incident response group
- CoBRA training is available on line on the JPEO-CBD Joint Acquisition CBRN Knowledge Center (JACKS) website HTTPS://jacks.jpeocbd.osd.mil
- CoBRA is used in training at the U.S. Army Chemical School Chemical School Fort Leonard Wood, MO. (3d Chemical Bridage, Directorate of Education and Training Execution DETE)
- CoBRA is used at DoD & DHS Fire Academy’s as a learning aide in Hazmat response courses.
- CoBRA and has been integrated into the course curriculum at the Academy of Counter-Terrorist Education, Louisiana State University, which is a member of the National Domestic Preparedness Consortium (NDPC)
- CoBRA is compliant with emergency management data standards adopted by DHS, including CAP and EDXL-DE.
- CoBRA is interoperable with DHS DMIS / OPEN servers for system to system communication
- CoBRA has a free, open API for software integration, and has successfully integrated with both commercial and government systems, including numerous sensor systems, CATS, ADASHI, WISER, SPM, ALOHA, and many more