|International Logistics and Expert Services —Support to Programs in High Risk Areas
DGI formed the Global Initiatives Group (GIG) to provide government and corporate clients with a full portfolio of logistics and expert services to facilitate operations in high-risk areas.
The Global Initiatives Group draws on the disciplines, diplomatic, intelligence, and special operations experience, and the broad international contacts of its staff, applying these talents to project execution in the world's most difficult operating environments.
- Housing and life support
- Transportation and communications
- Security management
- Mission support in remote areas
- Intelligence coordination
- Sociocultural-political analysis and mapping
- Full linguistic capability
- dentification and introduction to regional and local power players
- Vetting, hiring, management of indigenous contractors, consultants,
- Industrial development assessment and business opportunity analysis
Afghanistan and Pakistan
DGI is supporting the OSD Task Force for Business Stability Operations (TFBSO) in Afghanistan and Pakistan, and DGI personnel previously supported the TFBSO in Iraq. The support to TFBSO includes the full spectrum of the logistics and expert services listed above. DGI has established a base of operations in Kabul and is setting up additional bases of operations in Herat, Mazari Sharif, Jalalabad, and Kandahar.
As U.S. policy toward Africa continues to evolve, as marked by the raising of the new US Africa Command (USAFRICOM), DGI will expand its reach into selected countries on the African continent, where its experience is both broad and deep.